1 1/2 tsp noble sweet paprika 1 1/2 tsp chilli flakes without seeds salt 2 garlic cloves (crushed) 3 tbsp rosemary leaves (finely chopped) 3–4 rosemary sprigs 1 corn-fed chicken (1.4–1.5 kg) 2 carrots 3 celery sticks 1 fennel bulb 50 g mushrooms 1 onion 3 tomatoes (diced) 500 ml vermouth (Noilly Prat) 1 tsp olive oil 200 ml poultry stock 200 g crème fraîche
Per portion: 2644 kJ / 634 kcal, protein 48g, fat 34g, carbohydrate 10g
1. The day before, grind the paprika, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp salt, 1 garlic clove and 1 tbsp rosemary in a pestle and mortar. Cut the chicken open along its back and bend the two halves apart. Loosen the skin with your fingers. Rub the spice paste between the skin and flesh and leave to marinate.
2. Clean the vegetables (except tomatoes) and chop finely in a processor with 1 garlic clove, 2 tbsp rosemary, 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp salt and 200 ml vermouth. Put the vegetables and sprigs of rosemary in the small Miele deep-sided oven dish. Add the diced tomato.
3. Rub the chicken all over with oil and salt and lay it on the vegetables. Put the dish on the 2nd shelf from bottom in the oven. Use the moisture plus setting at 160°C for 55 minutes with 2 bursts of steam. After 10 minutes use the steam function manually and repeat after another 35 minutes.
4. Take the chicken out of the dish and keep it warm. Pour the poultry stock and 300 ml vermouth into the dish. Boil on the extended cooking zone at a medium heat until reduced by half. Pour the stock through a fine sieve and reduce to the required consistency in a small pan with the crème fraîche.
5. Warm a serving plate and sauce dish in the warming drawer. Preheat the grill for 5 minutes. Grill the chicken for 4–6 minutes on the first shelf from bottom. Arrange the chicken on the plate. Serve with the sauce and home-baked ciabatta with dried tomatoes and rosemary.
If you don’t have a fine sieve, line a coarse sieve with muslin.