1/2 tsp black peppercorns grated zest of 1/2 an organic lemon leaves from 1/2 bunch oregano coarse sea salt 20 g clarified butter 400 g fillet of beef 150 g cherry tomatoes 1/2–1 tsp chopped habanero pepper (alternatively jalapeño or chilli) 1–2 tbsp lime juice 1/2 an avocado 1/2 a small red onion (cut lengthways into wafer thin strips) 1/2 bunch coriander
Per portion: 177 kcal / 741 kJ / protein 18g, fat 11g, carbohydrate 2g
1. Crush the peppercorns, lemon zest, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt in a pestle and mortar.
2. Preheat the oven with a baking tin on the 2nd shelf from the bottom on the conventional setting at 90°C. Melt the butter in the Miele small deep-sided oven dish on the hob at the highest heat. Add the meat and brown on setting 7 for 5–6 min., turning occasionally.
3. Rub the seasoning mix into the beef and put it in the baking tin in the oven. Position the thermometer so that it points slightly upwards. Check that the core temperature is 58°C. Cook the meat for 70–80 min. and then take it out of the oven and leave until it is lukewarm.
4. In the meantime, make the salsa. Cut a cross into the core end of each tomato, immerse in boiling water for a few seconds, remove the skin, cut in half and deseed over a sieve. Retain the tomato juice and cut the flesh into slices. Mix the habanero, tomato juice and lime juice and season with salt. Cut the avocado into cubes.
5. Slice the beef very thinly and arrange on the plates. Put the avocado, tomato and onion on top of the beef. Drizzle with the salsa and leave to steep for a few minutes. Garnish with coriander. Serve with long grain rice cooked in the steam oven. Put 1 cup of long grain rice, 1 cup of water and 1/2 tsp salt into an unperforated steam container. Setting: Steam/cook universal/100°C/18–20 min.